Drop Poster Supplies
APO sells four-foot wide poster paper and rents Tempera drop poster paint, paint brushes, and drop cloths as a service to the MIT community.
Please see the CAC guidebook’s advertising section before postering!
In general you can buy Drop Poster supplies any time someone is in the office. To ensure that someone is there when you try:
- Call the office (x3-3788) before going there
- Email email@example.com to make an appointment, saying what time is good for you.
- Call and ask for an appointment.
Please make appointments at least 48 hours in advance if you need to purchase posters when there aren’t scheduled office hours. As we’re students, appointments made with less than 48 hours’ notice might not be able to be scheduled.
We hold office hours, which provide consistent times where we should be around our office. Please see the Office Hours section of our contact page to find out when we’ll be there.
Currently, poster paper sells for 20 cents per foot; we provide you with a colorful assortment of paints, brushes, and drop cloths for 30 cents per foot.
- A standard student center (panel) drop poster is 12 ft. long. (See Student Center Map) $6.00 including paint.
- Lobby 7 posters are now 8 ft. long. $4.00 including paint.
We accept exact-change cash payments, MIT account transfers, and TechCASH. You will be provided with a receipt upon return of paints.
Rules for Loaning Out Our Equipment
- To ensure that we get everything back in good condition, you must sign an agreement to be liable for late fees and replacement fees of lost items.
- Equipment is not to leave the 4th Floor of the student center.
- Equipment may be out for no more than 24 hours. It is up to you to schedule a time to return the borrowed items and pick up your receipt.
- If no one is in the APO office when you try to return the equipment try the following:
- Send an e-mail to the APO Publicity Director at apo _at_ mit.edu
- Call the APO office (x3-3788) and leave a message on the answering machine.
- Taking these actions constitutes a “good faith” effort to return the materials. If materials are late, and a “good faith” effort is not made, a $2.00 per day late fee will be imposed.
- Take good care of the equipment — or else we must replace it more often, at higher cost to you. We ask that you clean all brushes thoroughly after use (use the Room 420 sink), wipe off excess paint from the bottle opening and cap bottles tightly. Also, do not thin or mix paints in the bottle. You may be charged replacement fees if the equipment is damaged.