APO provides limited t-shirt silk screening services to the community at only the cost of materials. The total cost of the silk screening job is $20 per silkscreen needed to print the design, the cost of ink, plus whatever it costs to purchase and ship the shirts (see below). There are many options for purchasing shirts, such as cheapestees.com that offers discount in bulk, but the choice of shirt is at the customer’s discretion. We also sell t-shirts from time to time in Lobby 10 to raise money for charities. Look for us at Big Screw and UMOC in fall and spring semesters!
To request a silkscreening job, please have the following information:
- The design created in some vector graphics program such as Inkscape or Adobe Illustrator
- Sizes, quantities, and color(s) of shirts
- Color of the ink
- When the job should be completed
To request more information about silk screening, contact us at email@example.com . For silkscreening requests, please email at least three weeks in advance to allow for enough time to complete the process.
We charge you based upon what it costs for us to screen the shirts. This value changes over time, however the approximate breakdown is as follows.
- Creation: There is a $20 setup/maintenance fee per design for the screen itself.
- Ink: For t-shirt material it is $0.20 per shirt, per color, per side. Certain conditions use more ink than others, therefore if the ink color is white or if the material is thicker such as a sweatshirt the cost is $0.40 per shirt/color/side.
- Shirts: If we are ordering the shirts for you, that cost is directly transferred to the cost, it normally comes out to be about $4 a shirt; this price will be clarified before the job is started.
We are able to print a different color for the front of the shirt as opposed to the back for no extra cost. In addition, if you are ordering a large number of shirts we may be able to vary the ink color between shirts as well.